was set up in March 2013 to address the void left by the sad loss of volunteer site manager Kim Matthews. We are an independent group focusing on the management and enjoyment of Ascott Allotments in London W5. Any Ascott plot-holder can join in and everyone on site is encouraged to participate, as much as or as little as they can.
Much has been achieved in our first two years, including:
- Maintaining hedges
- Clearing plots
- Removing rubbish
- Improving wildlife habitats
- Pruning fruit trees
- Building a shelter for social activities
- Hosting social events, barbecues & meetings
- Letting vacant plots
- Collecting rents
Here are some things that people can do who can’t make it to the work days:
- Clear overhanging branches on any path and cut back encroaching growth
- Help tidy the Orchard by removing rubbish and weeding and strimming around the fruit trees
- Remove rubbish dumped anywhere on site. Even though it’s not your rubbish, taking a little bit away will help keep the site tidy.
Thanks for your cooperation!